WBS attorneys have been at the leading edge in the constantly evolving field of Information Technology and eCommerce, representing both providers and users.
Our attorneys are dedicated to helping clients develop comprehensive solutions to their IT needs, minimizing IT risks and costs, increasing efficient use of available IT solutions and, where necessary, maintaining compliance with applicable rules and regulations, as well as attaining industry best practices. Often, this involves licensing, other IT transactions and IT components of corporate merger and acquisition transactions. Members of our firm have also represented clients in disputes in IT-related matters, such as unsuccessful implementations and non-performing systems. WBS’ IT attorneys have also written and presented extensively on the unique issues in the IT arena.
Our attorneys routinely assist vendor and user clients in a wide range of industries and matters with varying levels of involvement, including:
- Software Development, Implementation/Integration, Maintenance/Support, Licensing and Distribution (including Reseller arrangements, and SaaS and related platforms)
- Electronic Commerce (including Web/Online Services, Digital Signatures and Website Development)
- General IT matters in Healthcare, Financial Services, Logistics Management, Data Warehousing, eLearning/LMS industries.
- Licensing/Use of SDK (Software Development Kits)
- Strategic Alliances/M&A
- Software Compliance Audits
- Records management and eDiscovery, Data Handling (Collection, Processing, Transfer and Warehousing)
- Resource and Relationship Management Solutions
- Performance/Service Level Metrics
- Due Diligence Reviews
- Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery
- Cybersecurity/Privacy/Data Protection (Foreign and Domestic, including GDPR)
- Dispute Resolution
Representative IT engagements include:
- High-level review of proposed contracts, including “click-thru” agreements, to enable clients to properly assess risks and control cost.
- eCommerce matters, including acquisition and implementation of complete eCommerce solutions and interfacing with Billing, Accounting and Inventory systems
- Representing -
- Vendors and users of eLearning/Learning Management Systems (LMS) in various industries
- Clients in disputes involving failed system implementations
- Vendors and users of logistics management systems, involving integration with inventory, accounting and shipping systems
- Clients in multi-party, multi-jurisdictional government subcontracts for the fulfillment of medical services and supplies to developing countries
- Health care service providers with the acquisition and implementation of core administration system solutions, EMR and medical diagnostic solutions, and claims management and payment systems, involving the coordination of several IT providers
- Clients regarding software compliance audits, including negotiating scope of audit and resolution of any related disputes
- Broker-dealers in the development and operation of proprietary trading/exchange platforms